Health Care Aide
- Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status (19 years of age or older);
- Passing score on the literacy test;
- Fluency in English (oral and written);
- Canadian Language Benchmark* scores indicating they have achieved a minimum of Level 6 in the speaking, listening, and reading tests.
- Fitness to complete the practical components of the program;
- Up-to-date immunizations (Seasonal Flu, H1N1, and Hepatitis A and B are recommended);
- Clear Adult Criminal Record Check
The purpose of this program is to enable students to acquire the knowledge and skills required to provide personal care and support services to clients and residents, consumers and families in both community and institutional settings. This program is designed to provide the knowledge and practical skills training required for an employment-ready trained graduate as a Health Care Assistant / Long Term Care Aide / Resident Care Aide.
The training in the Health Care Aide program provides the opportunity to develop the skills needed to assist clients or residents with meeting their physical, emotional, social needs, and activities of daily living, working in hospitals, personal care homes, and private residences, as well as other health care facilities.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Health Care Aide
Health Care Aide Modules 1-20, Certification Exam, Skill Training, CPR/First Aide, Food Handler’s Certificate, Non-Violent Crisis Management, Practicum
Let’s Get Started
Fill out the form below, and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling in this program and answer any questions you have.