Web Graphics using Fireworks provides students with the essentials of making superior Web graphics and interface designs using Adobe Fireworks. Students explore the technical fundamentals they need to know, including the Fireworks toolset and features, and discuss tips and techniques for the wide range of graphics encountered in a typical Web design project, such as photographs, illustrations, animations, rollover buttons, interactive menus, and advertisements.
A Student Guide is provided for this course. Evaluation is based solely on an Academy of Learning Career College final exam. Prior to taking the final exam, students must successfully complete all the components of the online course material. Participants who receive 75% or higher on their exam will receive a certificate.
- Lesson 1: Fireworks Basics; Web Graphics Overview; Case Study: Casual Corner; : working with photographs, illustrations, thumbnails, and more; Fireworks Overview; Creating a New Fireworks Graphic; Drawing in Fireworks; Basic Web Features
- Lesson 2: Imaging Strategies; File Types; Photo Editing; Digital Illustration; Text-as-Graphic
- Lesson 3: Optimization Strategies; Load Time and Audience Expectation; The Optimize Panel; Advanced Optimization Techniques; Color
- Lesson 4: Interface Design; Interfaces Explored; Designing a Complete Interface
- Lesson 5: Animation and Interactivity; Uses for Animation and Interactivity; Animations; Navigation Menus; Image Rollovers
- Lesson 6: Workflow and Design Style; Integrating with the Creative Suite; Graphic File Management; Batch Processing and Recording Actions; Design Principles and Personal Style